Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Home Again!

Just read every one's blog so will be sure to comment later on. I came home to 103 emails, most of them junk.

Barb and I flew down to Unc Bill's on Wednesday. We had perfect weather and even US Air (swear) gave us little to gripe about. Donna set me up with her gay guy, Dale to cut and style my hair so I left as an old bag and came home as a warm (hot) woman! Does feel good to have someone fuss over you, doesn't it? We stayed in Greensboro until Friday and then, took off for the house on Lake Norman which is an hour and a half away near Statesville. Their house at the lake is so comfortable - has only 2 bedrooms but is roomy enough. We took a boat ride, tooled around in the golf cart, drank lots of wine, Susan! On Saturday, drove over to another friend's house in the cart with Donna carrying Bill's martini and her wine and Barbara and I in the back with more of the same sloshing all the way. My brother just roars along. Friends are from N.Y. and she is a former teacher.

There's a house right next door that shaped like a barrel and Powell Seymour (Bill's former partner) owns it. As they were in residence, I asked to see the inside. It's really neat. Consists of 3 floors, each with its own balcony. It has a circular stairway throughout that wouldn't be for me but I liked the concept.

Sunday, Barb and I tried out the jet ski and I didn't even fall off! Of course, I was behind my brother so that helped. Donna fished all day and didn't catch a thing. We did a lot of reading which is sheer pleasure for me. Anyway, I'm home until the end of the month and then, will be going out to Jackson for some of Nicole's games.

10 comments:

Suzassippi said...

Sounds like a wonderful time to me! Wish I'd been there. Post a picture of the new you. :)

Gigi said...

Glad you had a good time, as always!

Kathi said...

Yeah, I want to see a picture, too! Been thinking of going short myself, but haven't quite made it to the hairdresser yet. Haven't been in probably 5 years- just trim it myself...and not very well. :)Sounds like a great time with Uncle Bill and all!

Betty said...

Well, actually there isn't any pictures of me. So, just imagine how I look and it will be better than it is. LOL!

Yes Kath, you should get your hair cut....it makes you look younger and that goes for everyone.

Kathi said...

But when I was in NY last month, the people we stayed with thought I was 30 something, so do I want to look younger? :) haha. Maybe I'll just shave it or get a mohawk...Have Bill take a picture with your new do, so's we can see it.

Betty said...

I don't know. I guess I always liked short hair on everyone. Patty took me to the movies tonight to see The Timekeeper's Wife and it was pretty good. Did anyone else see it?

Betty said...

Oops! I mean Time Traveler's Wife!

Kathi said...

Haven't seen Time Traveler's Wife. I want to read the book first, but I haven't gotten to it, yet.

Gigi said...

We;re reading it for book club but not till the spring.

Betty said...

I would like to read it too. It's perdictable, I think but funny too.