Monday, March 22, 2010

Don't You Wish You Had a Hoagie?

Funny, I was just reading Sarah's blog and saw the darling pictures of the girls with their cute expressions. So cute. Then, switched to my blog. The funny thing is that Sarah & Miles' song is still playing. Guess I didn't sign out of theirs properly. Anyway, it's nice to type to.

Had a 6 inch hoagie for lunch today with chips, soda and Cherry Garcia ice cream. Love Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia! Had made a list of things to do today and just about completed the list so felt I deserved a treat.

We had our H.O.P.E. 30Th Anniversary luncheon on Saturday and I had the best time re-connecting with old friends. Cheryl who was our committee Chair, scanned all of the old pictures (Bob Schneider, Dolores Hodges, ET AL) and made them into a DVD to flash on the screen and of course, made an extra for me. So neat! I cried seeing all of my old friends...happy & sad tears.

I understand my brother-in-law, Bob Hause died last week. I'm sure you received Rob's
email. I hope things go well for Rob. Bob & Addie had put a couple friends in place for this. I'll try to contact her old friend, Margaret.

Guess I'll finish my list. So take care. I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed my hoagie and thought of you!

4 comments:

Suzassippi said...

Yes, I do wish I had a hoagie. I just got home from work and am hungry and there is nothing to eat in this house!

Betty said...

You'll have to come visit to get a REAL one!

Gigi said...

Oh, I hadn't heard about Bob. I think Rob still has me off his email list since I have not had anything from him in ages. That's sad...hope he is doing all right and will have the support he needs. Will you forward me his email?

And, yes, I would love a hoagie right about now!

Nice about the celebration and the dvd of memories. I would like to see Bob S. and Dolores, too.

Kathi said...

I did receive Rob's email and sent him a response, to which he promptly replied to. He sounds like he's doing ok, but that's how he always sounds, so it's hard to say I guess.

Glad your celebration went well and neat about the DVD. Amazing that it's been 30 years, huh?

I used to love hoagies, but all these years of being a vegetarian, I'm not sure I could eat even a cheese one anymore. That makes me kinda sad...in a weird way. :) Glad you enjoyed it though! I still have my occasional bowl of ice cream- mint chocolate chip...