Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Louie

I can't remember how he came into our lives. He probably was a stray and just hung around or maybe Dad brought him home. He was a black rather long-haired mongrel part friendly and part smart. He knew he found a family finally. Kathi officially adopted him as hers. Louie was named for Louisiana and shortened because of his sex. He knew how to drag the trash out of the can and hurl it all over the kitchen. Not very smart, I guess. He was also known to get car sick and proved it by barfing all over Dad's neck when traveling to N.J. for vacation. He hated to be wrong and slunk around until he was forgiven. We "snuck" him into motels with "no dogs allowed" signs and fed him out of can lids. Louie taught us to love everybody and just a pat on the head would make him happy. He was loval and loved us. Getting orders for Germany, he spent his remaining years with Aunt Liz in N.J.

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Louie was actually mostly red with black markings- sort of like a setter. I remember coming home from somewhere when we still lived in La., and Dad stepping in a pile of poop, sliding across the floor, cussing all the way! I didn't think I'd recover from heartbreak when we had to leave him and Nibbles to go to Germany. Louie was a special dog and my best friend for a long time.

Betty said...

Funny, I don't remember him being red only the black. Maybe I'm confusing him with Pepper. Who took Nibbles? And, I do remember the poop story.

Kathi said...

Somebody in Warner Robins took Nibbles... Yeah, Pepper was black and white. I think I still prefer most animals over most people. Is that weird?

coachk said...

Yes, I believe Susan is the connector. Thanks for your kind words. Reading your material has been great, thanks for adventure.