Friday, October 16, 2009

High School Reunion

We had our 60th reunion today and I certainly had an awesome time. Believe it or not, we had 66 classmates attending after all this time. With spouses and others, the count came to 96 so I think that's pretty good for the class of 1949! One of the things I noticed was that the GIRLS looked better than the GUYS! LOL!

This time, we steered away from the speeches and spent quality time with long lost friends exchanging stories and catching up on our lives. I think the only announcement came from the Wait Staff telling us to take our seat. :) Many people brought old pictures, yearbooks, etc. All in all, a successful day!

4 comments:

Gigi said...

Sounds like fun and a really good turnout! Glad you enjoyed seeing old friends. Now that that is over with, you can research our Native American roots. Let me know!

Gigi said...

I didn't really mean "now that it's over with," as if it was something negative. LOL

Betty said...

Gotcha! Wasn't offended.

Kathi said...

Cool! I've never been to a high school reunion- but then, I don't know that there's anyone I'd really want to see from Cooper High. Well-there are a few people, but I didn't have a lot of close friends there. It's neat that you all have stayed in touch all these years.