Saturday, February 13, 2010

Paradise Continued...

Tuesday was a "stay at home" day to loaf around,get some sun,visit with the family, take pictures,and make new friends. Donna had prepared activities for the rest of the week so that evening, we signed up for whatever we were interested in. In the evening, we had "Italian Night" on the beach and all 3 villas ate together. It is very easy to get used to this kind of life....hmmm?

Wednesday, Barb & I joined most of the group for an all day sailing/catamaran trip. Our Captain was Pernell and local; the Mate was Nicki and from South Africa, Susan. Said she came here with another catamaran (where they build them) and stayed. A lot of the group went snorkeling in a small cove then we sailed to a barge/restaurant called Willi T's and had lunch. We told our brother that he could do the same thing only we would name it Willi P's! BTW, Willi T. was named after William Thornton who designed the Capitol in D.C. in the 19Th C. On the way back, Nicki made us some "Painkillers" that are made up of orange, pineapple and coconut juice along with a tot of rum. Pretty good! I'll have to send Joe the recipe for his new lounge.

Thursday, a deep-sea fishing trip was planned so Barb and I had hot-stone massages instead. I never had one quite like it. She even put hot stones on my forehead and between my toes. It felt so good.

Donna caught a 64 lb. Wahoo! Mike had to help her haul it in. And, they enjoyed it for dinner. By the way, Mike put you both on his friend's list so you can open his pictures.

Friday, we went out on a yacht for the afternoon. He took us past Necker Island (Richard Bronson's) where we visited 9 years ago. We also saw a lot of other places/islands that we only read about. I never was in and out so many boats in all my life.

Saturday, found us back on the Mystique with our favorite captain & mate. This time, we headed for Jon Von Werk Island to eat lunch at the Soggy Dollar. Pernell could only bring the cat in so far so we had to take the dinghy. I about croaked when I saw it as I am not the most graceful person around. All in all, I made it but got my butt wet as we were a little crowded.

And, Sunday we bummed around. My camera's battery died on the 3rd day so I didn't get many pictures. However, Bill and Mike did. I will post the ones I got as soon as I upload them.

As usual, I came home with a cold/bronchitis. It started on Saturday and I'm still coughing. So it goes. I came home to all of this snow and more predicted. Enjoy your warm sunny days! I envy you!

Bill and I were talking about this trip and the one at Necker. Virgin Gorda was more "people friendly" but we had great service at Necker. But who can afford $50,000 a day? I'll take VG!

3 comments:

Suzassippi said...

Can't wait to see the pictures--take a spare battery next time! :)

Kathi said...

I got Mike's pictures- looks like a beautiful place. Being a big beach lover, I'm envious! Some day...
The hot stone massage sounds pretty cool, too. I get a "cat massage" every night when Sazoo gets in bed with me and kneads my chest while sitting on my stomach...not quite the same thing but Sazoo massages for food, so it's inexpensive...

Betty said...

Funny about the cat. Susan, I'll send you my brother's pictures and my cousin's also.