Wednesday, January 18, 2012

And, now I'm 81!

I had a great day today! Just felt happy! All of my kiddies called in plus friends and relatives. Rec'd two flower arrangments and gift cards to Pier 1 and Amazon.com. also a promise of dinner, a show and a pedicure. Yesterday I had lunch with an "olde" girlfriend. She and I have remained friends for 75 years so pretty good, huh? But, of all these gifts, the greatest was talking to everyone and catching up. I am truly blessed to have such a loving family and friends.

Some of the news is that my granddaughter, Nicole has accepted a job at the University of Colorado in Boulder for coaching soccer. She will be on the coaching staff. That's great, isn't it? I think Joe & Denise are experiencing the "empty nest syndrom" with Ellie & Brooke in California and Nicole there.

Some of my Happy Birthday singers were: Bill's kids - all in good voice, Kathi, Donna Fletcher and my sister.

Tomorrow, I will don my purple outfit & red hat fora Red Hat Luncheon at Edna's house. We always have a good time.

2 comments:

Suzassippi said...

Happy Birthday, Betty. I should remember from the year of the traveling birthday card, but I confess to being overwhelmed these days with just walking down the hall for orange juice. :(

Gigi said...

Glad you had a good day! That's exciting for Nicole! We love Boulder, maybe will end up there one day! :)