Saturday, November 17, 2012

Musings

While grocery shopping early this morning, my cell phone rings. It's my neighbor next door asking me if I have "power" as his went out. I told him that mine was on earlier but would see when I came home. Shopping early meant no breakfast/coffee. To my despair, the electricity was definitely out. No coffee, no lights, computer, TV, etc. Interesting how much we depend on all these perks. I thought of all those folks north of me who haven't had power for over two weeks & here I am griping because the utility company didn't come right away. By the way, I ate an apple!

3 comments:

Suzassippi said...

Yes, we can definitely get in a rut, can't we? I hope your daughter is having a great trip, and I will look forward to hearing all about it when they return.

Gigi said...

I am so spoiled and hate doing without any of my "modern conveniences." :)

Kathi said...

Our electricity used to go out pretty regularly, but it hasn't in quite awhile. I probably just jinxed us!