Friday, February 20, 2009

Manatees, Bottle-nosed Dolphins & Alligators - Oh No!

Had a great trip. Floss, my friend met us at the airport. It's so much fun catching up and remembering old times together. Her house is so nice with high ceilings and openness that you only see in Florida. We went to see the manatees at the electric power company about an hour away. They like the warm water there. The days were warm and sunny. I could get used to that. We stayed with her for two nights and then took off for Jeannette's friend in Northport. The following day, we met our brother in Ft. Myers and headed down to Naples another couple hours south. He and his wife, Donna live on a golf course in a gated community. It's very beautiful with lots of trees and foliage. One day we took a sail on a large catamaran that was fantastic especially when they hoisted the sails by hand. We visited the Everglades and saw lots of nasty alligators sunning themselves by the roads...ugh! In the national park, we saw the dolphins, all kinds of birds and sea life. We ate out a lot, took mile walks in the mornings, tried to get sunburned (didn't work) and just loafed around. I showed Bill our blogs and he said that he always wanted to write and will name his Bill's Martini or some such.

7 comments:

Suzassippi said...

Looking forward to Bill's Martini...and some PICTURES of your travels. :) Let me know if you need a camera--I have about 5 of them. :)

Betty said...

Yeah, I have to download them. I'm not sure how to put them in the blog though.

Suzassippi said...

It's easy. I will send you an email telling you how. :)

Gigi said...

Sounds like a nice time! Uncle Bill should do a blog. It's easy to put photos on your blog--get your son to show you how next time he's over if you have trouble with email directions! :)

Betty said...

Thanks chillins - I'll try!

Kathi said...

Sounds like a great trip. I would love to see the manatees and the alligators, dolphins- all of it! Tell Uncle Bill I'm still working on getting a picture of "Grandpop and his dog, Teddy" to him. Alan said he'd do it for me because when I take the picture, there's such a glare that it messes it up. He said he can "fix" that but hasn't gotten around to it yet. Yes, Uncle Bill should do a blog. Somehow I missed that he had moved to Florida. When did that happen?

Betty said...

Uncle Bill bought a house in Naples, Fl. for the wintertime. He's a regular snow bird now. (We rent houses, he buys them - that makes three)