Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Empty House

Everyone has left me to go home. Wow! It was just tremendous having company, seeing Elle along with Gabe, Sophia and Aidan and of course, Abby Alex, Becca & Bill who I see more. I enjoyed Ocean City with part of my family and would have been in heaven if the rest had shown up. On Sunday, other friends popped in to wish Jane a Happy Birthday. She had a suspicion as we always celebrate her birthday in some fashion. Later on in the week, we celebrated Kristinn's and Rich's. We are definitely into birthdays here. And today, we sent Jane & Rich on their way back to Dutch Harbor. Safe journey, kids!

This evening, I joined Patty to see Bill's softball game. It was his last one for the season and I thought I might be his lucky charm but it was not to be. But it was fun and I enjoyed being there. Coming home, I stopped at Rita's Water Ice for a Gelati. Yum!

So, the house is empty and I have to get back in some kind of exercise routine. Before she left, Jane and I walked around town and she took pictures of houses she liked and houses she lived in. But the walking was a slower pace and I really have to start MOVING!

4 comments:

Kathi said...

I do wish I could've been there! I'm looking forward to being able to travel more now that I'm officially retired. I haven't been able to walk because it's so darn hot here. By 7:30 in the morning, we're already in the 90's, and by 9:00, we're over 100. In all the years I've lived here, it's never been this hot. I heard that your brain starts to fry at 104!! :) On the other hand, eating takes too much energy, so maybe I won't put on too much weight. ha.

Betty said...

You can have all of that hot weather! We have temps in the 70s right now and low humidity.

By the way, I caught the mouse using the humane way. However, I didn't realize I caught him as the door closed so fast and thought a breeze closed it so he died anyway. So much for that. Yeah, we did miss you at the shore and we had such a good time. I learned to play another new game called "Telephone Pictionary". Needless to say, I laughed all night. Take care of those babies for me and hopefully, I'll get to see them soon.

Kathi said...

Well, I AM glad you tried to save the little guy! I've never played telephone pictionary, but it sounds like fun.

Gigi said...

We had a great time! Thanks for everything!