Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bring Your Lawn Chair...

Every Wednesday evening in the summer time, Laurel Springs has a concert at the Walt Whitman Farmhouse. This past Wednesday, a steel band performed. I love Caribbean music..it's such a happy sound. At the intermission, they invited the audience up to the band shell to see and try the instruments. The "drum" guy was from Trinidad and makes his own drums. It was interesting to hear the different sounds made with his sticks or whatever they're called. I asked him if he was familiar with your Drum Cafe experience, Kath and he wasn't although was very interested in the concept. I also was talking to a guy with a "Les Paul" guitar. It was very old and worn but he said that he couldn't refurbish it or it would lose its value. All in all, a very good evening.

3 comments:

Suzassippi said...

Sounds like fun! I love the music, too.

Kathi said...

It's great music! We've started our own drum circle- where we meet once a month. Oh- and one of my friends is a jazz musician- plays all kinds of horns, and he DJ's a few nights a week for one of the local college stations. Now that I'm retired, I'm hoping I can get out to hear him play sometime.

Betty said...

Does Alan enjoy it too? I know he went with you to the "drumming" before.