Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Trees

I always loved trees. There's something about trees that form an umbrella over you and yours, bring you shade and lovely to look at in their seasonal colors. Most of the larger ones can be found right here in New Jersey. One of my pet peeves while living in Abilene was the absence of a decent tree!

However, my trees - the Maples, Oaks and Spruce scared the living daylights out of me with the last storm/tornado. Yeah, they waved their branches at me and then, one by one, their branches came crashing down. Tonight I met with the Expert Tree Man and he will take down two of them and trim the others back. So what can you do? Just remember how you enjoyed them on sunny days.

4 comments:

Suzassippi said...

A tree is awesome. I saw beautiful cypress trees with Spanish moss yesterday. Maybe I will move to New Orleans.

Betty said...

I think you should!

Kathi said...

Not many good trees around here unless you have an affinity for mesquite! We do have live oaks and other kinds of oaks, but they tend to be the small ones. I love getting up into the hill country where there are "real" trees. Nothing like driving down a winding road with the trees forming an arch above you.

Gigi said...

We are lacking in trees out here! I miss them! I remember driving through the redwoods in California and being amazed at how huge they were.