Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Poltergeist is Using my Printer, Oh No!

Grandpop always claimed that we had Poltergeists lurking in our house on Trenton Avenue. His one example was about a book that fell from the bookcase. He was in the kitchen drinking coffee and heard a thump. On investigating, found a book on the floor in the middle of the room. The bookcase was back against the wall. So claimed a "mischievous spirit" did the dirty deed.

His "friendly spirit" was up to no good and visited me last night. I woke up at 3:30 listening to the printer barfing page after page to the floor. I let it run its course and started collecting seven pages of print - all on Jonas Cattell! So, do you think Jonas is trying to tell us something? Or maybe it was Grandpop, disguised as a Poltergeist encouraging us to continue our research!

4 comments:

Gigi said...

That's pretty darned weird. :) I am having trouble figuring out the Cattell connection but guess I will keep trying! There are lots of mixed messages but nothing definite so far.

Betty said...

Take a rest from it for a while. I think there's a reasonable explanation for it anyway. My computer uploads programs at night. I had trouble printing some of that stuff a couple of days ago and I think with the computer running, triggered the printer. So La Vie!

Kathi said...

I am sure it was a message! Glad you're working on it, Jane. I got so frustrated after awhile that I had to stop. Maybe eventually I'll get back to it, but I'm happy you've continued and hoping you come up with all the answers!

Betty said...

I just spoke to someone in the family who is supposed to be getting Jan's telephone number for me. I hope her info is good and not hearsay......