Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wrapping Gifts and Planet 51

Abby, Alex and Becca came over this afternoon to wrap presents for all the little cousins in Texas and Virginia. Abby & Alex wrapped and Becca taped everything. So a big job took a short time with everyone helping. After cookies (mint chocolate oreos - our favorite), we decided to try and find a movie. Well we did and with a huge bag of popcorn and a large drink to share, spent a couple of hours watching Planet 51. The kids loved it and I got to take short naps. On leaving, we all had to hit the restroom but as it was crowded, I dropped them off at a restaurant in the area and then, we hastened over to Friendly's for a bite to eat. They finally made it home around 7:30. They all gave me hugs and kisses and told me what a great time they had AND when can we do it again! It was a great day for me as well and look forward to the next time.

3 comments:

Kathi said...

There's nothing like grandchildren, huh? I was holding Khalil earlier- he's only 5 months old, but he loves to jump, so he was jumping up and down on my lap, and when he stopped, I lightly bumped heads with him and said, "Bump." He laughed and laughed, so I did it again with the same result. The next time I just said, "Bump," and he bumped my head with his. Rachel and Alana were watching, and we were all cracking up. It's amazing how fast babies learn. Sounds like you and the girls had a great day, too!

Betty said...

Yeah, it was fun. The girls are at a good age now and we can do a lot of things together. I like to have Billy 1-1 and he's easy to entertain too but is better alone as Becca will try to interrupt him and cause friction. I guess because she is the youngest of the girls and they tend to boss her so she looks to Billy to do the same.

Gigi said...

Fun, fun, fun. :)