Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snowbound

We're up to eight inches, the first blizzard of the season! I did some more Christmas decorationings but hate it when I can't go out. I'm feeling so trapped so got on the telephone. Called Patty and she is baking cookies. Bill is working in Vineland with ten inches snow there. Hope he decides to stay there overnight but you know these men like "what's a little snow?" and of course, is coming home. Talked to Kristinn and she is also making cookies - maybe this is a hint for me. She said Gabe was collecting ice cycles and getting her to put them in a baggie in the freezer. How cool is that?

Finally saw the Blind Side on Thursday night. It was good! Sandra Bullock does a good job. The book had some other stuff in it not in the movie. Last night, went out for dinner with friends and to another movie called "About the Morgans" or something like that. Not much depth but some funny parts. It's either feast or famine for me.....a lot to do or nothing.

Tomorrow, I will bake!

6 comments:

Kathi said...

I was up at 7:00 this morning baking cookies for Eli's bowling league party! No snow here- it's in the 60's so not bad, but I've been feeling stuck at home for no real reason. There's plenty I could do but have no motivation! I really want to just soak in the tub...maybe I will! Hope the snow lets up soon and that Bill is safe coming home.

Suzassippi said...

No snow here in this part of Texas either! We just arrived at Randy's dad's and are watching my Saints get beat--what a shocker!

Gigi said...

Raining in Seattle--we will be home tomorrow but not sure what the weather's going to be doing there. Enjoy your snow!

Betty said...

Still coming down but less now! Just took a nice hot soak in my tub with the Tired Old Ass salts. Everything is so still and quiet outside. The snow plow should be coming through.

Last night, I opened my back door to brush the snow away so it wouldn't freeze and couldn't close the door again. Called Bill and he told me to call the police as he was snowed in also and it took him two hours to get home. So dialed 911 and sure enough, a nice guy came to my rescue. It seems there was a chunk of ice in the side of the door that I didn't see. Anyway, this was 11:30 at night so any help was welcome.

Kathi said...

Wow- that's something that the police will come out for snow!! Here they don't come out unless you're being murdered, and even then, they usually don't make it on time! haha. They wouldn't know what to do if it snowed. Neither would most of the people who live here. It was back in the 70's today, and I wish it would stay that way, but the forecasters say an "arctic blast" is due Wednesday...they alternately call cold weather, the arctic blast, the big chill and the FREEZE. Cracks me up.

Betty said...

Yeah, Bill says it's non-emergency 911. I was happy as I didn't want to sleep with the door open all night.

My guys finally came and plowed about 7PM Sunday so at least I can out now. I was going "stir crazy" trapped inside. Bill & fam came over last evening earlier and he shovelled the front walk. They bought pizza and Patty had baked cookies so we stuffed ourselves. I had the girl's cover a box for our Polyanna on Christmas Eve and hang the cards. I always look for a project for them.