Friday, May 7, 2010

Bathrooms & Birds

Everyone has some kind of routine in the morning. I write things down and sometimes, get to cross off completed tasks. My list is as follows: Replace light bulb on deck, clean bathrooms, check in at Victoria's Secret. But first, had to have my coffee & cheerios while reading the paper. My table faces the yard and of course, spent some time watching & identifying the birds in the feeder. Today, along with the usual Robin, Cardinal and House Finch, saw a Scarlet Tanager. I had to get out my book to make sure. It was so pretty with this brilliant red body with black wings. I was thrilled. My neighbor gets the Goldfinch but I haven't seen it yet. Yesterday, I went out and bought some binoculars so now am a certified birder. Anyway, I didn't start cleaning the bathrooms until eleven or so.

Why do I have to check VS? No, no, I am not looking for something sexy! They have a spray cologne/perfume in a tube a little larger than lipstick that you can put in your purse so was thinking of a gift. I never did get there. Will put it on my list for tomorrow - when it comes!

4 comments:

Gigi said...

You should come over for the winter bird count next year. It's freezing cold but you can see all kinds of unusual birds!

Reminds me of Grandmom and Grandpop with their bird feeders. Remember the time Grandpop sent a letter down to us in Georgia with strings attached to the envelope so his friends, the birds, could deliver it when they flew south for the winter? :)

Betty said...

No, but that sounds like him. He was always full of stories about how things should be if he had his way. I remember how he would humanize the animals and birds by giving them names, then make tales about them. He was a great Dad!

Suzassippi said...

I was thinking it was way more exciting if you were purchasing lingerie. :)

Kathi said...

Whenever I see an unusual bird or plant, I always think of Grandpop- and often say, "My grandfather would know what that is!" I was thrilled to see a red-headed woodpecker a couple of weeks ago- I don't think I'd seen one in years, and there it was on a tree right in front of me as I pulled into a restaurant. Mostly we have mockingbirds who love to dive bomb our cats and dogs! Yeah, you should have left the VS comment with no explanation to keep us guessing... :)