Sunday, May 23, 2010

Those Miserable Squirrels!

I used to laugh at my sister who is always trapping squirrels in her yard. She releases them in the woods about three miles away. Now, I counted six this morning who were jumping into my bird feeder and stuffing their faces. I put up a make-shift shield where they jump from the tree; they knocked it down. I clipped clothes pins around the perimeter and they still get through. I even greased the pole so they've found another way. Finally, I've gathered stones to throw at them. I just have to learn to throw accurately. When they see me open the door, they scatter and shout obscenities at me in squirrel talk. Oh my! Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Suzassippi said...

Embrace them...love them...feed them squirrel food in their own cafeteria. If that fails, get them a ticket to Mississippi--they already eat a sack of feed a week here. :)

Betty said...

I'll send them 1st Class!