Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sugar Gliders & Softball

Monday night, went over to Bill's for dinner and then, we all took off for Abby's Softball game. She played short-stop and does a good job. She was pitching last year but gave it up for the infield position. All of the kids play and I try to attend as many games as I can. Even Billy plays T-ball and your brother is one of the coaches on Abby's team. It's a kid-friendly game with all of the kids getting to play. Then, there's the parents who all seem nice as well.

One of the Dads had a fur-lined purse carrying 2 sugar-gliders; tiny little furry creatures with pouches said to be from the Kangaroo family. They have medium length tails, webbie bodies and striped heads/faces. He said his wife brought them back from Florida. Did you ever hear of them, Kathi? They probably have another name but that's what he told me. So even at softball games, you learn something new.

7 comments:

Suzassippi said...

I think it is so cool you go to all the kids' games. I still recall my first visit there with Jane and we went to see Bill play. "Yo Billy" was new to me, and Abby was just a baby. :)

Betty said...

Funny about the "Yo Billy" and must be NJ ease!

Kathi said...

Sounds like a fun time! Yeah, sugar gliders are pretty popular here, too. A friend of Alan's had a couple who had the run of his house- fascinating little guys. Aden started bowling this year- imagine that! Abram can't wait to start, but he has to be 4 like his brother to be on a league, so next year they'll both be bowling, taking after Uncle Stinky.

Kathi said...

I just realized you wrote "Sugar SLIDERS"! They are actually called sugar gliders because they can glide through the trees...

Betty said...

Oops! I must have misunderstood him! G'dad Leonhart would be so proud of all of these young bowlers! Prob non of his do bowl!

Betty said...

Corrected it!

Kathi said...

Yeah, I don't know if any of the Leonhart grandchildren bowl. Robert and his brothers still do, but I'm not sure any of the younger ones ever got into it. Ryan does when he comes home but just for fun. Eli qualified for the nationals (Junior Gold) in Indianapolis!