Monday, June 28, 2010

Songs I Remember from PI...

I was talking to Donna Fletcher and we were discussing our time from Pizza Inn in Abilene. Remember the juke box man who never could understand why the money in the machine would never match the songs played. So much for you gals who worked at night and "fixed" the juke box.

The songs we will always remember are Creedance Clearwater's Proud Mary, Brown Sugar by the Rolling Stones and Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline & Cherry Cherry. So everytime we hear them, we think of PI!

5 comments:

Kathi said...

I remember mostly Elton John songs for some reason.

Gigi said...

I remember turning that jukebox up LOUD while we cleaned up at the end of the night. For some reason, the songs that come to mind are Ringo Starr's "You Know My Name, Look Up the Number" (haha) and the Allman Brothers Band "Jessica." I loved that song. Still do. I'm sure there was some Neil Young on there, too.

Betty said...

Interesting! I think the songs were the choices from the Abilene Christian College, the ones who never left a tip. Haha! I remember one time they broke into song singing Amazing Grace and it was pretty special.

Kathi said...

Those good Christian boys regularly left me a couple of screws (the little metal ones- I wasn't THAT kinda girl!) as tips. I'm not sure they were saying, "Screw you and your lousy service," or "Do you wanna?"

Betty said...

Gotta watch out for those college boys! I think they were hoping for the latter.