Thursday, June 17, 2010

Why the Squirrel is so Frustrated..

Or my continuing saga with the squirrels and the bird feeder........

Jim came over yesterday and we moved the feeder away from the trees. So the squirrels just climbed the pole and there they are on top feeding their fat faces again. So I greased the pole with Crisco and they can only go so far then slide right down again. I watched him go up six times only to come down. I put Pam on the bottom of it and so far, so good! The birds are happy and so am I! I'm sure this is only a temporary measure and he'll find another way up. I did put some seed at the base to lure him to look for it there. HoHum!

3 comments:

Suzassippi said...

Wait a minute--you said you sent them all to me! LOL I moved my feeders around, too, to stop the deer and squirrel from eating them all in one night. I have one platform feeder that the squirrel can sit in, and eat his (or her) content, and that seems to have taken care of the problem...for now.

Betty said...

HAHAHAHA!

Kathi said...

Ah, I wish we had squirrels! Actually, I do see one every once in awhile who comes by to take leftover dog food, but he never sticks around. I remember Grandpop going through all kinds of ideas to keep the squirrels out of the bird feeders!