Monday, March 23, 2009

My Life as it is!

Retiremennt isn't all that it's cracked up to be - yet we all desire it. You gotta have a plan or schedule. You just can't afford to let your life drift slowly by when the highlights of the day are eating, errands and TV.

I have a list. Sometimes, I can't read my writing as I jot down things whenever the idea hits me. Then I spend another 20 minutes trying to decipher my words.

Procrastination is another part of retirement. No deadlines now and you know you'll get it done sometime. So all of you who are still out there working your butts off, remember to have a PLAN for that day when you can stay home, read lots of wonderful books, eat, exercise once in a while, watch TV and make lists!

5 comments:

Gigi said...

I can't wait!

Suzassippi said...

Here's my plan for you: Come to Oxford and teach my classes while I take vacation; remodel my bathroom while I take vacation; clean up my porch after the remodel while I take vacation; pay all my bills so I can afford to take vacation. :)

Betty said...

Maybe I'll come to Miss., watch you teach your class, watch you clean up your remodeling job and observe you paying your bills. Then, we can truly go on vacation!! Afterall, I am retired!! LOL!

Kathi said...

Each day as I get closer to retirement, I marvel that I'm old enough to do it! I feel like the time has just flown by, and there's so much I still want to do. My boss sent out an e-mail asking us (teachers) what our wishes are for next year- to stay in the same position, to change grade levels, subjects, etc. and also if we plan to retire to let him know so that he can start planning. I told him I'll let him know soon. The hard part will be telling my kids, and I know I'll miss them, but I also know that it IS time, and there's something wonderful out there for me. We should take a GIRL's vacation all together, Gigi, Suzassippi, and Mom- and whoever else wants to join us.

Betty said...

That sounds wonderful! Count me in!